A season of service, learning, faith & fellowship.
Check out Facebook for How it went.
Thanks to all who participated in St. Martin’s Serves June, July, and August projects. There were over 100 St. Martin’s Serves volunteers of all ages. Teams participated in 20 different projects at SMLC & in Austin & surrounding cities. Special thanks to our partner organizations: Foundations Communities, Healing with Horses Ranch, Central Texas Food Bank, Marbridge Foundation, Settlement Home, Habitat for Humanities ReStore, Community First Village, Blunn Creek Nature Preserve, Agua Viva Lutheran, Lutheran World Relief, Kairos, and more! See the descriptions at the bottom of the page.
Blunn Creek Nature Preserve Workday
1200 St. Edwards Dr. 78704
- Removing invasive plants (mostly Ligustrum trees and Nandina shrubs) and replacing them with native Texas grasses and wildflowers. In addition, we do most of the traditional park and preserve tasks: trail maintenance, erosion control, trash pickup
Texas Ramp Project
Various home locations around Austin; Location will be unknown until the week before due to ever changing needs of other projects and changes in weather
- Building ramps for mobility access to homes
Community First Village
9301 Hog Eye Rd, Austin 78724
- Harvesting gardens, laying pathways, dry landscaping yards for micro-homes, and beautifying the property
1600 Payton Gin Rd, Austin, TX 78758
- Baking treats for residents (girls aged 12-18 who have been removed from abusive environments) who will be starting school in August. Also, making cards of encouragement as they start the new year. One or two volunteers will deliver the treats and cards that afternoon.
Healing with Horses Ranch
10014 FM973, Manor, TX 78653
- Maintenance at the facility. Healing with Horses Ranch is a therapeutic riding center that serves at-risk youth, veterans, and individuals with physical, cognitive or emotional challenges
Habitat for Humanities RESTORE
500 W Ben White Blvd, Austin, TX 78704
- Help receiving donations, set up displays, organize/assemble product
2310 Bliss Spillar Road Manchaca, TX 78652
- Engaging in recreational activities (ping pong, basketball, volleyball) with the residents. Volunteers are encouraged to bring a card or board game to play with the residents.
Bluebonnet Studios: 2301 S Lamar, Austin 78704
- Supper Club: providing all items needed to prepare, serve, and clean up the meal for about 40 people (plus volunteers); Due to health department rules, all meals need to be prepared off site and brought ready to serve.
Thank you to everyone who helped make this a success! Your faithfulness makes a difference throughout our community.