Children’s & Youth Ministry Volunteer Event
Saturday, July 10th, 9:30—11:00 am
Do you love Jesus? Do you love children? Our ministries need volunteers to welcome children and youth back to St. Martin’s. The heart and soul of these programs are the volunteers. Come explore all the opportunities at our volunteer event. Open your hearts to the Holy Spirit and follow where it leads you. These are a few of the areas of need.
- Lead Guide for the 2 yr-4r old Wee Worship class
- Assistant for the Wee Worship class
- Music Leader for Sunday School Opening Time – Lead songs in Chapel before classes meet.
- 2 assistants for Godly Play· Adult Volunteers for confirmation and High School events
No matter what age group you like to work with, there is a calling for you at St. Martin’s. Fall program planning and training will also be included for current and future volunteers. Contact Kathy Edgar or Cason Miller for more information and to RSVP. (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Is it better to give or to receive?
In our children’s and youth ministries, we are privileged to know that it is both! Our volunteers find that in sharing their gifts with the young people of St. Martin’s they too are enriched. Join us in serving, and experience these rich rewards for yourself. Our children and youth will be blessed by all you have to share.
Are you called?
- Sunday School Team
- Leaders, greeter, and guides work together to ensure children and youth are welcomed warmly and engaged in lessons, activities, and discussions. be happy to see them and share your faith.
- Christmas Program
- Help with planning, costumes, rehearsals, and extra hands to shepherd children during performance.
- Easter Activities
- Help plan and coordinate Easter Egg Hunt and Petting Zoo.
- Children’s Music
- Assist the Children’s choir with helping hands when children perform.
- Youth & Children’s Special Event Activities
- Help provide our young people with engaging activities for congregational events like Reformation, Pentecost, and Rally Day.
- Summer Camp
- Attend summer camp with children and/or youth to provide a loving presence and build relationships in their time away from home.
- Confirmation Retreats
- Join us at Cross Trails camps for a weekend of Lutheran and Bible learning in October and/or January. Share your faith story and build relationships with our confirmands.
- Sr. High Events
- Help provide our high school youth with service and fellowship opportunities that keep you young and show them how to live in faith.
- Sr. High Trip
- Join high schoolers and volunteers for an exciting week of service and/or fellowship in the summer.
- Youth Auction & Fundraisers
- Help raise money to provide children’s and youth ministries with new opportunities for faith exploration.
- Education Team
- These big picture people ensure that the Christian Education of our children, youth, families, and adults is engaging and enriching. Help staff and volunteers implement education opportunities.