God and the Real World: Faith & Science
Tuesday, August 10th, 7:00 pm in the Parlor Courtyard
Join us for the second in our series of explorations of how God and our world intersect, wrapped in a casual worship service with communion. Each month we will share experiences, reflect on what they teach us, learn more, and choose some actions we will try in the coming month. This will be part worship, part discussion, so come ready to share.
This month’s topic is Faith & Science.
Check out these resources to learn more about the topics discussed:
- Geocentrism vs. Heliocentrism
- Galileo’s Daughter, a Historical Memoir of Science, Faith and Love by Dava Sobel
- Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems: Ptolemaic and Copernican by Galileo Galilei (Author), Stillman Drake (Editor, Translator), Stephen Jay Gould (Editor), J. L. Heilbron (Introduction), Albert Einstein (Foreword)
- Evolution, Creation, Young Earth Creationism, Intelligent Design
- On the Origin of Species by Charles Darwin
- Darwin’s Doubt: The Explosive Origin of Animal Life and the Case for Intelligent Design by Stephen C. Meyer
- Who Was Adam: A Creation Model Approach to the Origin of Humanity by Fazale Rana and Hugh Ross
- Genetics and DNA
- Man of Science, Man of God Gregor Mendel – Discovering the Gene – For his 150th Anniversary by David J Galton
- The Double Helix: A Personal Account of the Discovery of the Structure of DNA by James D. Watson, Grover Gardner, et al.
- The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief by Francis S. Collins
- The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins
- Quantum Physics
- Quantum Physics and Theology: An Unexpected Kinship by John Polkinghorne
- Belief in God in an Age of Science Part of: The Terry Lectures (18 Books) by John Polkinghorne Mar 30, 1998