It’s a season of service, learning, faith & fellowship.
Invite your friends of all ages!
Get ready to discover new faces in the Austin community & new opportunities to serve within our city.
Follow along on Facebook for updates straight to your feed.
Other important dates:
June 15 – Dinner & Fellowship at St. Martin’s
June 16 – Service Day (see below to sign up)
June 17 – Special Sunday Worship
July 15 – Special Sunday Worship & Service Day
August – More info coming soon!
It’s time to sign-up for service on Saturday, June 16! Check out the opportunities below and click here to sign up!
Community First Village
9301 Hog Eye Rd, Austin 78724
- 8-11 am
- harvesting gardens, laying pathways, dry landscaping yards for micro-homes, beautifying our property,
- child-friendly; 1 adult for every 5 children
Central Texas Food Bank
6500 Metropolis Drive Austin 78744
- 9 am-12 pm
- Sort donations, checking safety of food/expiration dates
- Must be at least 8 years old; Require 1 adult for every 5 children under 18 years
Bluebonnet Studios: 2301 S Lamar, Austin 78704
- 11:30 am-1:30 pm
- Supper Club: provide all items needed to prepare, serve, and clean up the meal for about 40 people (plus volunteers); Due to health department rules, all meals need to be prepared off site and brought ready to serve.
- Child-friendly, require 1 adult for every 2 minors, great opportunity for elementary to teen
Blunn Creek Nature Preserve Workday
1200 St. Edwards Dr. 78704
- 8 am – noon
- Removing invasive plants (mostly Ligustrum trees and Nandina shrubs) and replacing them with native Texas grasses and wildflowers. In addition, we do most of the traditional park and preserve tasks: trail maintenance, erosion control, trash pickup
- Child-friendly but no restrooms available so not ideal for young children
Habitat for Humanities RESTORE
500 W Ben White Blvd, Austin, TX 78704
- 9:30 am-1 pm
- help receive donations, set up displays, organize/assemble product
- Volunteers (16 and 17 years old) may volunteer at the ReStore, if accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 21
Barbara Jordan Elementary Garden Clean-Up
6711 Johnny Morris Rd, Austin, TX 78724
- 8-11 (or 12)
- Garden maintenance
- All ages
Healing with Horses Ranch
10014 FM973, Manor, TX 78653
- 9:30 am-12:30 pm
- maintenance at the facility. Healing with Horses Ranch is a therapeutic riding center that serves at-risk youth, veterans, and individuals with physical, cognitive or emotional challenges
- Prefer volunteers to be 14 years of age and older. If anyone is under 14 years of age, they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times and can not be around the horses
- 11:30-4:30pm; 11:30-2:30 or 2:30-4:30
- Assisting with Ranch Round Up, a fun carnival style event with different activities, booths, a train ride as well as the fire department showing off their engine!
Texas Ramp Project
Various home locations around Austin; Location will be unknown until the week before due to ever changing needs of other projects and changes in weather
- Start at 7:30 am until project is done (into early afternoon likely)
- Building ramps for mobility access to homes
- 16+ years preferred, but anyone in HS probably okay as long as parent/adult to supervise
St. Martin’s Lutheran Church
606 W 15th St., Austin 78701
- 8 am-12 pm
- Re-striping the parking lot. Painting the Barricades. Other projects as decided.
- High school and up is probably best